st. Alban's TODAY
Where we began
The first church on this site was built in 1914, a timber building which served the local community well. As well as being the local Anglican Church and Community Hall, it also served as the local primary school through the week until the Wilston State School opened in 1920.
In 1959, Wilston Anglican Parish opened a community centre called the Halford Centre. The Halford Centre contained a community hall and a licensed kindergarten. In time the kindergarten facilities were used by other community groups. The local Grange Kindergarten began in the St Alban’s Kindergarten rooms. These buildings remain today.
The church resumed the kindergarten building from commercial operators for its own use in early 2007 when, after much thought and planning, the parish decided to refurbish the building and to re-establish a church run centre for children. The St. Alban’s Wilston Early Childhood Centre was officially opened on the 8th February 2009 and has continued as a community-based Child Care Centre, serving the local community.